Friday, August 1, 2014

What's the source of your comfort, in life and death?

In this Blog, we'll discuss questions related to our faith. I thought a excellent place to start this discussion is with the first question in the Heidelberg Catechism:
What is your only comfort, in life and in death?
This is the answer offered in the catechism:
That I belong--body and soul, in life and in death--not to myself but to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ, who at the cost of his own blood has fully paid for all my sins and has completely freed me from the dominion of the devil; that he protects me so well  that without the will of my Father in heaven not a hair can fall from my head; indeed, that everything must fit his purpose for my salvation.  Therefore, by his Holy Spirit, he also assures me of eternal life, and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him. 
What do you think. What's the source of your comfort, in life and death?

6 comments:

  1. For me, this is easy to answer. Since I believe that God loved me before the foundation of the world and that my ultimate destiny is in his hands, I have incredible comfort as I live in the present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed,
    Thanks for encouraging us to pay attention to Heidelberg #1. The comfort we receive from God can be extended to the children who come to the U.S. for refuge.

    Andy Woods

    ReplyDelete
  3. Death is as natural as life, and the inevitable outcome. have the best one ya can, cos when ya dead, ya dead. i have no problem with that.

    Julius J Grubrocket

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie-anne Martin wrote, Jesus is my source and my all in all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louvenia Reeves wrote: MY COMFORT IN LIFE IS KNOWING THAT THIS IS NOT ALL THAT IS FOR ME , THAT THERE IS SOMETHING GREATER AND BETTER AHEAD,, MY COMFORT IN DEATH IS KNOWING THAT I CAN RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE TO SEE WHAT THE LORD HAS AHEAD FOR ME , IF ONLY I LIVE RIGHTEOUS , AND DO THE WILL OF THE LORD GOD .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Min Minasah wrote: ED RUGIRES Quran13:28 Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah . Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured."29 Those who have believed and done righteous deeds - a good state is theirs and a good return.--------- I hope your question answered What's the source of your comfort, in life and death?

    ReplyDelete